Friday, May 13, 2005

Opinion_is China too generous?

Taiwan students studying in the mainland colleges will enjoy the same tuition as the mainland students as soon as possible, and central government will subsidize them on the tuition and scholarship, said the official in the CCP central government office for Taiwan affairs, reported Sina.com.

Personally I envy those TW students. As a mainland student in Hong Kong, I couldn't never enjoy a cent from Hong Kong government. Also, I have to pay the tuition 30 per cent more than my local classmates do. Hong Kong government will always subsidize the local students to study in the city and other nations, too. Then I wonder why mainland and Hong Kong economic closer partnership agreement, or in short CEPA, didn't mention any words about the reduce of mainland students' tuition. I once joked with my professors that I am almost like a foreigner studying in Hong Kong.

I don't blame Hong Kong government, but only wonder if someone is too generous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I was the local beneficiary, although the tuition was already not a small sum for me.

Amy Gu said...

hoho, you don't need to say sorry to me. In fact, you local people should benefit from that:) My point is that the budget on the tax money should not be only used in Politics.