Monday, October 29, 2007

How developing a facebook application could make money?

I have met a lot of enthusiasts in Silicon Valley these days. and seems they are all interested in one topic: developing facebook application. A guy I met yesterday in a conference is the one who developed X-Me, and SuperWall(if you are a facebook fun, you know what I am talking about). Hope you also remember that my story on Stanford's new facebook developing course. I couldn't help wondering why those people are so crazy on this. Facebook will never pay them, the users will never pay them, too. and how could they make money?

The answer is advertisement. If you pay attention, there will be a little advertising banner in some facebook application. Those are the sources for revenue. Just overheard some company already made millions of dollars on this. Gosh, this business is crazy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Free service + ads is the most popular model nowadays. However, I always wonder what is the next big model? Why people is OK to pay to watch TV with ads; but not over internet?

Amy Gu said...

hmmm, I guess people will accept soon , just with a little time.....