Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Media_Always helpful Google

Google said it will launch the new function to let me chat via online windows. To some people, it may doesn't matter that much; but to me, an Internet guru but has to use the office computer without the right to set up any software there, it is really great news. At least, I could chat on my Gmail account in my office computer, forbiddened to set up gmail chatting software, from now on. Google is great in doing such helpful and warm things.

Thanks Godnesss.....

2 comments:

Andrea said...

But soon, there's a chance that your corporate firewall may also block Gmail altogther. (Touch wood!)

Oh, by the way, you can use www.meebo.com to logon to MSN, GTalk, Yahoo messenger, ICQ, etc. via a browser.

Lutz_W said...

IMHO Google's move shows the general direction of email and IM: a few years later an email will be nothing more than a part of an IM-chat that was not yet responded to...
Sure there are a lot of open IM-solutions which help to connect with different Messenger-Accounts. But I guess (or I hope) this will become the norm. What I like about Google is that they offer a full range of APIs for their stuff -- e.g. just take a look at GTalkr...

:) <- Lutz